£45K - £50K per annum., London
- Salary: £60k plus car allowance and benefits
- Sector: Engineering
- Location: Midlands
Our Client within the engineering sector is looking for a Procurement / Planning Manager who will be responsible for the effectiveness and continuing development of the procurement and planning processes.
The Procurement / Planning Manager will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective running of all aspects of procurement, production planning, forecasting and reporting for the Client.
With the Manufacturing Manager and Production Manager will co -
ordinate with sales to ensure on time delivery of all customer orders. You will also have responsibility for the management of inventory, BOM, and routes of manufacture ensuring the correct material and information are transferred to the works order.
- Serve as a member of the Client's senior management team and participate in developing the company’s business strategies and programs. Issuing reports and setting objectives.
- Set and operate local purchasing and planning policies, SOP’s and frameworks in line with group strategy and business needs.
- Provide leadership to a small team of purchasing / planning professionals; developing, setting goals and monitoring the progress and performance of the team.
- Set commercial standards and develop budgets for direct and indirect spend.
- Create production plans, either in dedicated cells or across sections to ensure that OTD is met.
- Ensure optimum inventory levels of component parts to continuously feed the production process while increasing stock turns and reducing working capital.
- Manage purchasing and planning information systems analysing and using data collected to develop and strengthen the supply chain to improve on time delivery.
- Act as the primary contact with suppliers, managing the supply base to ensure good, reliable sources of supply and information; making decisions based on understanding of risk to the business.
The role is office based but there will be the requirement for some UK and occasional international travel.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply below.
Apply for this job
Fields marked with a * are compulsory.